Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Beginning



Though I have worked in emerging markets since 2006, I have never physically been to any of them outside of Latin America. Compare the following statement freely to my accounts once I have actually been there but, Africa holds a certain mystique. Mama Africa has always drawn me. Ever since Karen Blixen buried Denys Finch-Hatton where the lions lay and I heard Ayub Ogada's Kothbiro sung, going sub-Saharan has been a lifetime goal. Now, here I am on the eve of partially completing one of those "things to do before I die" and I am totally paranoid of getting Bot Fly larvae burrowed under my skin.

Neuroses aside, bug spray and Imodium in hand, I depart for Nairobi, Kenya in the morning and I am completely elated. Let the adventures begin!

'Til next time!
Hilaria

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck Hil, Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hil! we wanna hear more. what is going on? are you having a good time? what have you done, seen? how is the food?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you guerita, hope all is well, can`t wait to hear all about it!! besos preciosa

    ReplyDelete